Child Action, Inc. (CAI) is a private, non-profit corporation created in 1976 to promote the education and social welfare of children and families and to advocate on their behalf. Our programs include resource and referral services for families seeking child care, child care subsidies for qualifying families, recruitment and professional development of the child care workforce, and family education and support.
We are seeking individuals who are highly organized, have the ability to multi-task, provide excellent customer service, have good problem solving skills and have the ability to understand the problems and issues facing families from a variety of ethnic and economic communities.
Position Purpose & Scope:
The Programmer Analyst is primarily responsible for building and maintaining custom multi-user databases and websites. The incumbent performs a variety of intermediate tasks working both on a team and independently, with moderate direction.
- Designs, develops, programs, tests, and deploys software applications
- Develops, maintains, and supports outside agencies with custom software applications
- Gathers and documents project requirements
- Designs and maintains the Agency Intranet and Internet sites
- Assists users with a variety of issues related to software, hardware, training and user errors
- Provides written project documentation, and assists staff with software-related issues and training
- Identifies new methods of improving application performance and stability
- Designs and maintains database applications and ad-hoc data reports
- Makes database structure modifications, performs data migrations, monitors resource utilization and maintains data integrity and security
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that develops skills related to typical duties, or two years of additional professional experience or possession of one or more approved information technology certificates and/or completion of other approved technology-related training may substitute for some or all of the required education; and
- Two (2) years of fulltime, progressively responsible experience in the computer programming and operations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Knowledge of various concepts, practices and procedures within the field of computer science
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate analytical, written and math skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate positive behaviors toward carrying out overall Agency goals and mission
- Ability to pass security check by Sacramento County, Department of Human Assistance, for access to the County computer system
- Ability to use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to meet the requirements of daily attendance on the job
- Ability to work additional overtime and weekend hours as required
- Ability to understand the problems and issues facing families from a variety of ethnic and economic communities
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, interpret and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to speak effectively to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients or employees of Child Action, Inc.
- This position requires a high degree of creativity, judgment and problem-solving
- Works in an office setting. Work is primarily sedentary but may also work outdoors at field sites on an incidental basis, and requires light physical effort; may require greater physical effort on an incidental basis
- Possess visual capability and digital dexterity to operate a computer and other standard office equipment
- Make fine visual distinctions upon proofreading written documents and viewing information on a computer screen
- May be subject to various job demands such as high volume of work and tight deadlines
- This position requires travel. Staff applying for or holding positions will be required to successfully meet Child Action, Inc.’s motor vehicle requirements.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (or until adequate amount of applications have been received)
Hours: Must be able to work full-time, 40.0 hours per week (8.0 hours a day), Monday through Friday. All employees must be able to work additional overtime and weekend hours as required.
Benefits: Cafeteria package for group medical, dental, dependent care reimbursement, and/or out of pocket health expenses; 13 holidays; 15 vacation days; 12 health leave days; life insurance; long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; and 401(k) retirement plan
*Child Action, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.